Steve’s practice is focused on commercial litigation, including contractual matters and
business torts. He has represented clients in a broad range of industries including oil and gas, finance, construction, chemical, mining, manufacturing, and alternative energy.
Steve also represents clients in all phases of litigation related to environmental claims under the Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Water Act, and state analogues. His experience includes negotiating with regulatory and enforcement agencies and counseling clients on compliance with federal and state environmental laws. litigates general commercial matters, including contractual matters and business torts.
Steve is Vice President of the Columbia University Alumni Association in Pittsburgh. He enjoys coaching and playing soccer, as well as spending time outdoors with his family.
Steve’s representations include:
• Representing a leading oil and gas company in action by private party challenging permits issued by state environmental agency.
• Defending a manufacturing company in federal court against Clean Air Act and RCRA claims brought by the EPA.
• Representing a leading oil and gas company in action challenging interpretation of zoning ordinances.
• Representing a chemical and materials manufacturer in action challenging permit requirements imposed by state environmental agency.
• Representing a leading chemical company in an indemnity action in federal court seeking more than $400 million in damages related to alleged violations of the Clean Air Act, RCRA, and Clean Water Act.
• Representing a leading materials manufacturer in investigation and assertion of claims based on breach of asset purchase agreement.
• Defending a leading commodities company alleged to have breached a tolling agreement.